Douglas Omaha Technology Commission (DOT.Comm) is firmly committed to the principles of electronic privacy. No personal information gathered for access to this site - including e-mail addresses - will be released to a third party without the subject's consent, except as stipulated below. As with any password-protected site, identity is established at logon and thus it is possible to identify the pages a specific user visits within the site.
This statement discloses:
- what information is collected from visitors to the DOT.Comm Web site
- how this information is collected and used
- instances when this information is shared
- what choices are available to users regarding the collection, use and distribution of data
This statement also outlines how to correct or change incorrect information.
In order to better service the needs of those who visit our site, DOT.Comm keeps track of certain traffic data.
- the platform used (such as a Macintosh or PC)
- browser type (such as Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Internet Explorer)
- IP address (or Internet Protocol address, which identifies the visitor's service provider, but not the visitor personally)
- the previous URL (Uniform Resource Locator, or Web address) visited by the visitor before clicking through to DOT.Comm
None of these disclose personal information, and the information they do reveal is used exclusively for internal administrative purposes.
DOT.Comm monitors aggregate visitor activity on the sites and may share this information with the City of Omaha or Douglas County, but at no stage are users personally identifiable, nor is any personal information divulged.
This site may also contain links to other sites. DOT.Comm is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other Web sites.
408 S. 18th Street
Omaha, NE 68102